The actor also informed his fans that he is currently self-isolating at home and has no serious symptoms of the disease.
Actor Dulquer Salmaan is the latest celebrity to contract the coronavirus during its third wave in the country. The actor shared on social media that he was diagnosed with coronavirus on Thursday and asked friends and fans who may have come into contact with him to get tested. The actor also informed his fans that he is currently self-isolating at home and has no serious symptoms of the disease. The actor said he had mild flu-like symptoms, but otherwise felt perfectly fine. It is pertinent to note that the actor had been filming for his projects for the past few months and he asked people who worked with him on his shoots to stay isolated and get tested.
Adding that the pandemic isn’t over yet and it’s extremely important to stay vigilant, Dulquer asked his fans and friends to use face masks and stay within the safe confines of their homes. A few days earlier, Salmaan’s father, Mammootty, had also tested positive for the disease. Sharing an update on his dad, Salman told his fans that his dad is also doing well and recovering quickly from the illness.
Work-wise, Salmaan is awaiting the release of his crime drama Salute which was set to release but was postponed due to the onset of the third wave of Coronavirus. Directed by Rosshan Andrews, the film’s new release date has yet to be announced as the film fraternity waits for the third wave of coronavirus to subside.
Coronavirus cases continue to rise in India with a low positivity rate of 16%, according to the latest health bulletin released by the Ministry of Health. While there has been a considerable drop in the number of cases in the national capital Delhi and Mumbai, the third wave of Coronavirus continues to progress inside the country.
Financial Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel and stay up to date with the latest Biz news and updates.